RJCO envisions safe, inclusive, and resilient communities that address harm by fostering personal responsibility, mutual respect, and healthy relationships.
RJCO is a coalition of Oregon restorative justice practitioners and programs. We promote and support the implementation and practice of restorative justice principles and models in Oregon’s justice, law enforcement, educational and other community institutions.
To ensure that the needs of crime victims, offenders, and the community are met, we:
- provide educational and training opportunities;
- expand the understanding and application of restorative justice principles;
- create partnerships, collaborations, and actively engage key stakeholders;
- advocate for the development and expansion of restorative practices in a variety of institutional settings;
- serve as a resource and support network for restorative justice practitioners and administrators;
- adhere to and support restorative justice best practices; and
- influence local and state policy around institutional responses to harms keeping public safety, victim needs and offender accountability at the forefront.